This recipe is so wonderfully sinful! Don’t miss out! Can you believe it’s low carb too!
Since I started my Ketogenic lifestyle I have really been using a lot of cauliflower. I am finding it lately at really good prices and buying it almost everytime I go shopping.
I remember back in the spring it was so expensive to buy cauliflower, so I am happy to see it’s come down in price. Cauliflower is very versatile and can be used quite often in a lot of dishes that would normally call for high carb ingredients like potatoes. I find a lot of casseroles have potatoes in them so I simply use cauliflower instead. I am telling you they won’t be missed once you start replacing them with low carb ingredients or even sweet potatoes.
This recipe is a good find, it really is sinful! It’s so rich and creamy and still fits into a low carb or ketogenic lifestyle! It’s so yummy! I love taking this to a pot luck because everyone asks me for the recipe so I know they really enjoyed it! It’s a hit every time people try it.
I find this is the perfect side dish to go with a nice slow cooker roast! Perfect the next day for leftovers as well. I like to eat the left overs for lunch the next day. Quick and simple to heat up and serve.
I love my Ketogenic lifestyle and my Keto/os drink! If you haven’t tried it yet you are really missing out. All the carbs we eat are so bad for our health! Making low carb or ketogenic meals has become so normal for me now I don’t even feel like I am missing out on anything. If I choose to eat a few more carbs, Keto/os helps to make up for it and keeps me in ketosis no matter what I eat. How cool is that?
Read more of my –> RECIPES
Cauliflower Cheese Sinful
- 1 large cauliflower roasted
- 16 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 -2 teaspoon rosemary minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups warm milk
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese plus some to top
- Prepare Cauliflower:.
- Mix oil, rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic together.
- Mix with cauliflower and place in a large casserole dish in one layer.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 20 minutes; give a toss and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Place the butter and flour into a microwave safe glass container whisk to incorporate.
- Whisk in the milk and continue stirring until the sauce is thickened about 3 minutes. If the sauce is very thick add a little more milk, the sauce should be thick but still runny. Add the grated cheese and stir until melted.
- Place the florets in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Pour the thickened cheese sauce over the cauliflower ensuring all the florets are covered. Sprinkle with grated cheese and a good twist of black pepper.
- Bake in the hot oven until the sauce is bubbling and golden brown on the top, approx. 30 minutes.