I love making cabbage soup and it tastes even better when you spice it up! This recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser!
This cabbage soup is to die for! There is nothing better on a cold day then some spicy cabbage soup! Lots of people actually use cabbage soup as a weight loss soup, but I eat it because I love it!
The original recipe only called for spicy sausage for the meat. I added some ground pork as well to make it a more filling dish. You can take this recipe and make it your own. Add anything you think should be added and add some more spices as well if you like. This recipe os simply a starting point and you can make it to suit your own tastes.
I also used chicken broth in mine instead of the chicken bouillon granules. Either if fine, but if you use the broth you won’t need the water that is in the ingredients.
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as I did!
More Keto friendly ->> RECIPES
See more info about -> KETO/OS!
Spicy Sausage & Cabbage Soup
- 1 lb Italian sausage casings removed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 head cabbage shredded
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 stalks celery sliced up small
- 5 cloves garlic minced, can use more or less to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 4 cans diced tomatoes undrained, 28 ounce
- 8 cups water
- 4-5 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules can use liquid broth instead and omit water
- In a large pot, add all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer until sausage and pork is done and cabbage is tender.