Who needs some YUMMY low carb snacks? These primal bars are amazing and Keto friendly!
Another new snack for the ketogenic diet! These are also great if you are following a low carb diet. You can omit the chocolate chips if you want to, but using dark chocolate is great for a lower carb count. I’ve really gotten use to the taste of dark choclate now and use it in my baking quite a bit, but if you are making these for kids or want something a little sweeter you can use milk chocolate chips.
These are great to have a round for when you need a little snack. I find that since I started drinking Keto/os I eat much smaller meals now. Some meals are actually more of a snack these days. It’s because when your body is using ketones as duel it runs much more efficiently then when it runs on sugar.
I find I feel so much better now following a Ketogenic diet and I have so much energy! It’s great because with four kids I need all the energy I can get to keep up with them.
I hope you enjoy these delicious primal bars as much as I do!
Check out more of my ketogenic –> RECIPES
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup Almond butter
- 3 tbsp Swerve
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, use a fork to combine coconut flour, almond flour, almond butter, Swerve, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press mixture into a parchment-lined baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to slice and serve. (About 30 minutes)
- Can keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- To do this, refrigerate mixture first, up to 30 minutes.
- Take bars out of refrigerator and spread a thin layer of almond butter over the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place back into refrigerator.