Delicious Keto approved Philly Steak Pepper Boats taste ridiculously amazing! Perfect for your ketogenic diet and easy to make!
These are one of my ultimate favorite keto approved meals! Love these flavors and it’s so healthy! Peppers are one of my common go to foods when it comes to low carb eating. They are great for snacks, salads and make great ‘boats’ to makes recipes like this! They are very versatile and yummy! You can use any kind of peppers for this or even do a variety or red, yellow and green to make it colorful. Any of of cheese you like can be used as well and I have seen this done with mushrooms as well if you’d like to add them in.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
What is a ketogenic diet?
The ketogenic diet is not new, and has been in practice for many years. It involves following a low carbohydrate (5-10%), moderate protein (15%-30%) and high fat (60%-75%) diet. The problem with the ketogenic diet is that many people find it quite restrictive and difficult to follow. This creates a problem for those who want to benefit from elevated ketone levels, especially children. In the past, dietary changes were the only way to bring your body into a state of nutritional ketosis.
However, today, we have access to the first exogenous ketone supplement, KETO OS. The supplement blends BHB ketones with medium chain fatty acids, providing the body with ketones, without the need to follow a strict ketogenic diet. Studies are finding that supplementation with ketones is superior to the ketogenic diet. Even while following a Standard North American Diet (SAD), individuals are still experiencing the benefits of ketones via supplementation. However, it is thought that following a lower carbohydrate diet, not necessarily a strict ketogenic diet, will enhance the benefits of the ketone supplements, as your body becomes even more adept to using the ketones are a source of fuel.
Ketones are something from with we can all benefit. The best part is that now we have an option to get them, without having to stick to the tough dietary guidelines. So throw out your low-fat yogurt, get off the yo-yo diet bandwagon, and give it a try.
More info -> Ketogenic Diet
Click here for more RECIPES!
Philly Steak Pepper Boats
- 4 large Bell peppers
- 10 oz Roast Beef Thinly Sliced
- 8 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 large Sweet Onion sliced
- 4 tbs butter
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Sea Salt and Pepper To taste
- Slice Peppers in half length ways. Clean seeds out.
- In a large pan over med heat, add butter, olive oil, garlic and onions, salt and pepper. Saute them till they are caramelized. Approximately 15 min.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add it to the onion mix. Cook for 10 minutes or so.
- Take 1/2 slice of provolone cheese and lay it to fit in your pepper. Fill each pepper with meat/onion mix.
- Bake for 15 Min. Take out of the oven then lay the other half of the cheese across the top of each pepper bake another 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is golden brown on top!