I love stuffed peppers and these are low carb goodness! Steak and cheese is an amazing combination!
If you love stuffed peppers it can be hard to find a good low carb recipe. Most are filled a mixture of rice which is so high in carbs. These are low carb and keto friendly is so delicious! Steak and cheese is my favorite but you can use any kind of sliced or deli meat for this.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did! They were a huge hit at my house!
More Keto friendly ->> RECIPES
See more info about -> KETO/OS!
Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb Thinly Sliced Sirloin Steak or you can use deli roast beef
- 8 slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 large Green Bell Peppers
- 1 medium Sweet Onion
- 1 pound White Mushrooms
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice a thin piece off each pepper lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 25-30 minutes. Salt and pepper the steak and saute in a little olive oil until just not pink. About 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Add steak to the onion/mushroom mixture and stir to combine.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are overflowing.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown