I love Shepherd’s Pie and this ketogenic friendly version is amazing and healthy for the whole family!
This is an easy recipe for low carb shepherd’s pie that your whole family will love! It’s delicious and healthy and you won’t miss the potatoes that the traditional shepherd’s pie is made with. My kids love mashed cauliflower and often prefer it now over mashed potatoes! Cauliflower is a great, versatile, vegetable to use to replace starchy foods like potatoes, rice and bread. It works quite well and most recipes you wouldn’t even notice a difference! I love following a ketogenic lifestyle and making keto friendly recipes, it’s really life changing!
More Keto friendly ->> RECIPES
See more –> Keto/os lifestyle changes
Low Carb Keto Friendly Shepherd's Pie
Topping of Cauliflower Mash
- 1 large head cauliflower chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup cream or half-n-half
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 can sliced carrots
- 1/2 can green beans
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tbs almond flour
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 package dry gravy mix low carb
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Place cauliflower and chicken stock in a medium sized saucepan. Cover and bring to a simmer of medium-high heat and cook until completely tender (about 10-15 minutes). Most of the chicken stock cooks down while the cauliflower cooks. Add garlic powder, cream cheese, salt and pepper, to taste; stir in cream and puree with a blender until completely smooth (or use a food processor). Set aside once made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan. Add onion and beef cook until well browned, then stir in almond flour and cook 1 minute. Add tomato paste, water, seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add gravy mix and let cook for 5 min.
- Spread the ground beef in an even layer on the bottom of a greased 2-quart casserole dish. Next, spread a layer of carrots; then sprinkle cooked green beans over the carrots. Top with the Cauliflower Mash mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.