A keto approved addition to your Thanksgiving meal! Your family is sure to love this recipe!
More keto approved – RECIPES
Keto Kreme Butternut Squash Casserole
- 3 medium egg whites
- 4 tbsp gelatin 4 envelopes
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup Swerve
- 15-20 drops liquid stevia [clear or vanilla]
- 1 1/2 tsp Unsweetened Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 packet Keto Kreme optional
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 pinch salt
Butternut Squash Casserole
- 2 lb Butternut Squash
- 2 stick butter 1 cup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Swerve
- 3/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Flour Substitute
- 1 cup pecans
- Line a pan with Parchment Paper.
- Sprinkle layer of Coconut Flour onto the Parchment Paper. Set Aside.
- Place Gelatin into a pot and add Cold Water. Tilt pot so Water is well distributed. Within a few minutes, the Gelatin will become firm.
- In a separate pot, bring ¾ cup of Water to a boil.
- Using an Electric Mixer, begin beating the Egg Whites.
- Slowly add Cream of Tartar, Swerve and Unsweetened Vanilla Extract to Egg Whites.
- Continue beating Egg mixture for a couple minutes, until is becomes thick with soft peaks. Leave in Mixer bowl.
- Add the boiling water to the pot with Gelatin and stir until dissolved. [If there are lumps, boil over low heat and stir until they go away.]
- Add Stevia, Keto//Kreme and Pumpkin Spice to the Gelatin and combine well.
- Turn the mixer to medium setting and slowly add the Gelatin into the Egg White mixture.
- Turn the mixer to high. Continue beating until it becomes thick and creamy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Quickly transfer cream into pan lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly over the pan.
- Sprinkle light layer of Coconut Flour on top and pat level if needed.
- Place in Fridge overnight.
- Once cream is set, remove from pan and peel away parchment paper. Cut into cubes.
Butternut Squash Casserole
- Pre-make Keto//Kreme Marshmallows the day before.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line a Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper.
- Lightly oil Baking Dish and set aside.
- Slice off the stem and bottom ends of the squash, so that both ends are flat.
- Slice the squash in half, just where the thinner end begins to widen around the middle.
- Turn each half so that a flat end rests on the cutting board. With a serrated peeler or paring knife to peel off the skin in downward strokes.
- You will notice light green lines beneath the skin as you peel. Make sure to peel all of those green lines away from the squash. The squash isn't completely peeled till only the orange flesh remains.
- Once both halves of the squash are peeled, slice the fatter half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a metal spoon. [You can keep the seeds and roast them for a yummy treat.]
- Dice the Squash into 1 inch cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss 4 tbsp of melted butter and 2 tbsp Truvia Brown Sugar with diced Squash.
- Spread Squash mixture evenly over a parchment lined Baking Sheet.
- Roast in oven until Squash is fork tender (about 30-40 minutes).
- While Squash is roasting, make Keto Kandied Nuts by first, toasting Pecans in skillet until browned (about 5 minutes on low-medium heat).
- After Pecans are brown, add 2 tbsp Butter, 1 tbsp Truvia Brown Sugar, 1 ½ tbsp Swerve to pan and cook until mixture has thickened and has a sticky consistency (about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove Squash from oven.
- Blend one half of Squash in food processor or blender until mashed. Leave other half cubed.
- Combine both halves of Squash in large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 ½ sticks melted Butter, Cinnamon, ½ cup Truvia Brown Sugar and Salt to Squash and mix together.
- Fold ¾ of the Kandied Nuts into the Squash mixture.
- Spoon Squash mixture into oiled Baking Dish.
- Top with Keto//Kreme Marshmallows.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Go on, get nutty. Sprinkle the remaining candied nuts on top of the casserole.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!