Stir fries are great for a low carb meal and this recipe is fast and easy to make! You can use beef or chicken and make a delicious meal!
This was so simple to make! We actually used chicken and beef in ours, it was a great combination with great flavor. The kids had theirs with some rice and I ate mine without the rice, as is. I actually found it very filling. Since I started drink Keto/os a year ago I find I eat a lot less than I use to. It helps to curb my appetite so this was a filling meal for me without adding anything to it. You can also serve it over cauliflower rice or a bed of spinach.
I love stir fry because you can follow a basic recipe like this one and add in any veggies you want. It’s super fast to make for a weekday meal. All the prep work of cutting up the vegetables and meat can be done ahead of time. You can actually buy most of this cut up at the store as well to make it even easier, you just end up paying a bit more that way.
We made lots and it was a great lunch the next day. I always find recipes like this taste so much better the next day because all the flavors have marinated together overnight.
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Easy Stir Fried Beef and Peppers
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Lb top sirloin steak sliced very thin
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 Oz small onion sliced thin, 2 1/2
- 1 Small (3oz) yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 Small (3oz) red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil.
- Stir-fry the beef, garlic and ginger over high heat just until the steak is partially browned and some pink remains, maybe 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add the onions and peppers; stir-fry until tender-crisp about 1 minute or so.
- Stir in the soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Cook very briefly just until the sauce coats everything.
- Serve over rice or quinoa, for a low carb version version serve over cauliflower rice or a bed of spinach