Keto friendly cabbage soup with hamburger is a delicious recipe, especially on a cold winter day when you need some soup to warm you up!
Since I started following a ketogenic lifestyle I find myself using cabbage a lot more. It’s different for me because it wasn’t a vegetable I used very often before. My mom cooked with it a lot when I was growing up, lots of soup and stews. One of my favorite recipes now is cabbage soup. You can make it with or without meat but I love making it with hamburger. It makes for a very filling meal and my kids love it as well! This recipeis not only tasty, it is also low carb and diabetic friendly!
This is a crockpot or slow cooker recipe but you can also cook this in a pot on your stove top.
More Keto friendly ->> RECIPES
Keto/os Before & After pics ->> HERE!
Cabbage Soup With Hamburger
- 2-3 pounds hamburger
- 1 head cabbage chopped
- 2 cup celery diced
- 2 cup white or yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 5-6 cups Beef Broth
- 2 (14oz) cans rotel
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- Brown your hamburger on stove top.
- Put all the ingredients in the crock pot, stir it around.
- Cook on high between 5-6 hours or cook on low between - 6-8 hours