This is definitely on my Ketogenic menu! This low carb dish is a family favourite, the flavor is amazing. This makes a great meal and the meat is perfect for leftovers the next day.
I used 3 smaller size pork loins for this recipe. You can use any size you like. The meat turned out very tender, you don’t even need a knife to cut this.
When it was done in the crock pot I put it on a cookie sheet and set on broil in the oven for just a couple of minutes to brown the bacon. This last step really finished it off nicely and gave it a wonderful color on the outside. It also made the bacon more crispy. You have to be careful though because the bacon will burn very easily.
The kids loved it and we will be making this again in the future. They made sandwiches the next day out of the leftovers. You could also use the leftovers in a salad, would taste great!
Click here for more -> RECIPES!
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin in the Crock Pot
- 2 lb pork loin roast
- 4 strips uncooked bacon
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup water
- Rub pork loin with the dry onion soup mix.
- Pour any leftover into the bottom of the crock pot (any that fell off on my cutting board I scraped into mine).
- Wrap the bacon around the roast and place into the crock pot.
- Pour in the water
- Cook on High for 5 hours or Low for 7.