3 Envelope Roast is so simple yet so delicious and tender! I get so many requests for this recipe because it’s such a favorite!
This is my go to recipe for roast every time I make one. It turns out perfect every single time. The kids love it because it’s so tender you can eat it with just a fork and they love the flavor. It also makes great leftovers the next day! I make this about once a week, it’s that good!
You can make your own seasonings for these envelope packets in the recipe. Home made mixes are always healthier then the store bought versions because they have no additives. Either will work though if you don’t have the home made mixes made up or if you are short on time. Find my home made ranch and onion soup mix – HERE.
When I make this I use less water then the recipe calls for. Usually only about 1/4 cup, or just enough to mix the spices together. I find the slow cooker makes enough water itself so you don’t need as much as the recipe says. You can also use any size roast. If I am making a smaller size roast I just adjust to use less spices.
More Keto friendly ->> RECIPES
See more ->> Keto/os lifestyle changes
3 Envelope Roast
- 3 pound beef roast such as chuck roast
- 1 envelope lipton onion soup mix
- 1 envelope dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope dry brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- Put the water in a measuring cup that is larger then the amount of water you are using. Now add and mix all three envelopes of dry salad dressings to the water. Mix until blended completely.
- Brown the roast (if desired). Add the meat to your slow cooker or crock pot.
- Pour the water, salad dressing mixture over the roast.
- In the slow cooker cook it on high for about 4 hours on low about 8 hours.