Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls are one of my favorite low carb meals! I get so many requests for this amazing dish!
Need a flavorful dish to warm you up on a cold day? Unstuffed cabbage rolls will fill you up while keeping you on track with your low carb lifestyle! This one is perfect for the entire family.
I love making this recipe because I double the recipe and make a big pot of it and freeze some of it for later. It so handy to have some freezer meals ready for those nights when you don’t have time to cook. That way it’s easier to stick with your ketogenic or low carb lifestyle even when you don’t have a lot of time. Preparation is the key to eating well and losing weight and having some meals in the freezer when life gets busy sure comes in handy.
Make sure to use a low sugar tomato sauce for this recipe to keep it low carb. Many store bought sauces are high in sugar and carbs. You can also make your own home made Tomato Sauce! You can also add the addition of Cauliflower Rice.
This is also great to take to a pot luck or have guests over. It’s a real crowd pleaser! Everyone always asks me for the recipe when I bring this dish somewhere!
More keto friendly ->> RECIPES
See more ->> Keto/os Before and After Pics
Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 large cabbage chopped
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.