I love garden fresh vegetables! This is so delicious and the perfect side for your next barbecue!
This vegetable dish is delicious sprinkled with some cheddar cheese on top! This recipe is low carb and so yummy!
More keto approved -> RECIPES
Keto Garlic Squash and Zucchini
- 1-2 small Yellow Squash sliced
- 1-2 small Zucchini sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes or 2 large fresh tomatoes peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 large onion sliced then quartered (I like sweet Vidalias but that's up to you)
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons basil either dry or chopped fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- Cover bottom of a large skillet with the olive oil. Turn heat to high and brown the onion, garlic and squash just a little bit.
- While you are browning the vegetables, sprinkle them with basil. When the vegetables are slightly browned, remove from heat.
- If you use fresh tomatoes, cook them in a non-stick frying pan on medium heat for about five minutes to let the juices from the tomato evaporate a little. After five minutes, add the tomatoes to the other vegetables and stir. If using canned diced tomatoes, they can be added directly to the other vegetables.
- Salt and Pepper to taste. Let simmer on low until the squash is tender.